Tuesday, July 3, 2012

There and Back Again, It Only Took 10 Years


I am so excited about this movie!!!!!!!! Sorry. Maybe that was a random way to open a blog post but I recently saw a trailer for The Hobbit while I was at the movie theater. That's the first time I've seen a trailer for it in theaters and for some reason it seem to make it more official for me. It also made me realize how close this movie's release date is! Just a few more months! :)


From my other blog posts you've probably realized that I love Tolkien and The Hobbit is one of my favorite books. I really enjoyed The Lord of the Ring movies that came out 10 years ago. The only problem I honestly had with them was what they did to poor Faramir. Shameful, Jackson, just shameful. But I'm still looking forward to his rendition of The Hobbit. I think he's chosen excellent actors!


Martin Freeman as Bilbo is a brilliant choice. When I first heard he was going to play Bilbo, I couldn't help but think of him as Arthur Dent in 2005's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. If you haven't seen that movie yet and want a good idea of how Freeman is probably going to portray Bilbo, you should definitely see it. Especially if you have doubts as to whether he can pull off the part because he definitely can!

 
Richard Armitage as Thorin is also another great choice. The last movie I saw Armitage in was the BBC mini-series North and South. He does an awesome job as the lead male in that movie. I'm interested to see how he will play Thorin. I think he'll pull of surly, obsessive dwarf very well. My only problem with him is the fact that he looks like a Klingon. Hopefully I'll be able to get past that for the movie. :)

I don't know when the first part of The Hobbit is going to cut off so I'm going to go ahead and talk about two actors I'm really excited to see. Those two would be:


Lee Pace and Benedict Cumberbatch! :)

If you've ever seen "Pushing Daisies" then that's probably from what you remember Lee Pace. He plays the lead character Ned. In The Hobbit, he's going to play King Thranduil, or for those less Tolkien-wise, the king of the Mirkwood elves. I think he's a great actor and I can't wait to see him in The Hobbit!

I've already gushed about Benedict Cumberbatch, but I know he's going to do a great job! He's a great actor and I can't wait to see him play Smaug especially after seeing his interaction with Martin Freeman in "Sherlock."

I seriously can't wait until this movie comes out! Yay! All right. I'm done gushing. Or at least on this post. lol.

Now to see how many more posts I need before I've caught up...

Until next time, happy readings!

PS Images are from Google.


No comments:

Post a Comment