Friday, July 13, 2012

The Pinterest Addiction

I'm counting that last post as one of my four. Yay for only three to go! Of course, I'm only doing one today, because I'm an underachiever! ...good thing I wasn't taking a sip of my drink or my computer would have just gotten a shower. Underachiever? Me? What? That doesn't even make sense.

Bah...whatever! Now on to more interesting things! First of all, I forgot to tell you from where those quotes came. Drumroll please! .... or not. It would be more exciting with a drumroll though...

1. Bored! - "Sherlock" (You had to see this coming!)


2. That man is so full of himself it's a wonder he can stay up on that horse. - "Emma" (I'd watched it recently.)

3. By thunder! - Treasure Planet (I was inspired by reading Stevenson's novel.)


4. She killed them with mathematics. - "Firefly" (I love this show! The quote also feeds my mathy nature.)


5. I...I don't see how that's a party. - The Avengers (It just came to me.)


Fortunately... I mean, unfortunately, no one was able to guess ALL of my quotes. Let me tell you, my cheater of a little sister definitely gave it a good shot. Thankfully though, she didn't guess them all. As such, I don't have to do anything crazy! Yay! ...maybe I should clarify. I don't have to admit to anything crazy on my blog if I don't want to do so! :) Then again, I am always admitting crazy stuff on here. Oh well, I guess I really am my own worse enemy. :\

Oh and all the postscripts were a reference to Gandalf's letter to Frodo at the Prancing Pony in The Fellowship of the Ring. I always thought that was cool and wanted to do it too one day. Now I have! My life is complete! :) I would post a picture of it, but I don't have a copy of The Fellowship of the Ring with me. They're all packed at the moment. :(

All right. Now it's time for the good stuff: the actual body of the post. Today's topic is Pinterest! I am so addicted! What is so great about it is that they have a section called "Everything: Geek" and it's like heaven! Okay okay, let me explain what Pinterest is exactly for those of you that have no idea. It's basically a cork board for your web-surfing. If you find something you want to remember, you can "pin" it to one of your boards on Pinterest and it keeps it there and even provides a image. I guess you could say it's very similar to bookmarking websites-actually, it's exactly like bookmarking websites-but you can browse through things that others "pin."

For instance, the "Everything: Geek" page. I have found so many awesome nerdy ideas. They also have a lot of jokes about popular nerdy shows. I've also developed a desire to watch Doctor Who because of Pinterest's Geek page. Yeah, so if I can convince my sister, you may not hear from me for a month if I let myself fall into that trap...

As of right now, I have 15 boards. Yeah, I definitely have one dedicated to each of my favorite nerdy things: Tolkien, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Sherlock, Neil Gaiman, etc. I also have a board that I think perfectly describes me. I'll post some of the memes I pinned on that board below. None of these belong to me despite their perfect description of me.

These are just a few of the ones that I think best describe me. In total, I have 57 pins. It's kind of funny because Pinterest keeps telling me I should write a description about myself. I keep thinking: "You should just look at my 'The Perfect Description of Me' board. That about sums me up."

Here are some memes I found that make me laugh. Hee hee... I love geeky humor.


 You know... I'm suddenly realizing that my boards on Pinterest have become a homage to all my favorite nerdy things. Ah!!! There is no end to the gushing of my nerdiness! Pinterest just manifests it in meme form while Blogspot reflects it through my words! AHHHHHH! I'm the Incredible Nerd!
 It's  similar to the Incredible Hulk except the internet turns me into some super nerdy individual every time I express myself instead of a green angry creature by getting angry.You know... I'm not sure why I included the muscles in my picture...O_o
 
Once a nerd always a nerd as the saying goes. I can't believe I'm only just now catching onto my habits. Tsk tsk...

Happy readings!

PS Only the last image is mine! Don't you love my artwork? :) The memes I found on Pinterest and the rest of the pictures I got from Google Images.

2 comments:

  1. hey i got 4 out of 5. that should count for something. and i love the pocture. only my sister would draw a stick figure of herself doing the vulcan sign.

    ReplyDelete