Monday, January 17, 2011

Look... it's a list!

So another Monday, another list! Let's see how I did last week:

1. Read to pg. 197 of Njal's Saga
 Actually read to almost 3/4ths of the book. So I have little over a fourth of the way left.
2. Finish Part 5 of Anna Karenia
Read most of Part 6 too!
3. Make five homemade items for Facebook's Pay-It-Forward status.
Have an awesome idea for it! I just have to get the supplies.
4. Homework
Bwhahahahahahahahaha!

So I didn't do quite so  well on the non-reading part, but I did pretty amazing on the reading ones!  So it kind of evens out. I guess. But in all honestly I really hate that my list defeated me. Grr... Anyway, my success was mainly due to the snow day I had Monday! This of course meant no school! Which basically meant read-fest ALL day! : )

Despite my success reading last week (by some fluke I'm sure), I think I'm going to cut down on reading especially since school is starting to get into full swing (and I have a short story due in a week. ahhh!). So much to do (or read/write) and so little time to do it, unfortunately. I will be doing at least a little reading every week. I'm definitely trying to dedicate at least 30 minutes or an hour of each day to reading. I think that'll make this semester a lot better than the last semesters that excluded reading. Sadness. 

Oh, I forgot to mention that I actually got a little more accomplished then what was on my list! I read a whole book this week (minus 20ish pages). So I actually did really well this week reading-wise! It was called Dead Until Dark and it's by Charlaine Harris. I think that might be what I blog about tomorrow or Wednesday... Hm... I'll figure it out. I think I have 2 ideas for extra blog posts this week! Sweet! So keep an eye out for me!

Anyway, here's my list for this week.

1. Finish Njal's Saga.
2. Finish short story.

Not a lot but after last week. I need to nurse my wounds a little. : ) I've also noticed that I don't do a really good job at writing blog post at the end of the week. So I've decided that I'm going to try to write a little something everyday of the week. Hopefully it'll be worth your reading. I'll try to make it interesting. : )

Anyway, I hope everyone else's lists went way better than mine did last week! And I hope this week's list go swimmingly.

Until next time, Happy Readings!
Heather

1 comment:

  1. Good list, and an interesting blog read! Don't forget to use pictures when you can - eye candy makes for fun blogs. You can get pictures off the web if you don't have stuff you can download....

    ReplyDelete