Monday, January 10, 2011

Lists, Lists, and More Lists!

Last week was super-busy! Most people start back to college this week and as such all my friends wanted to hang out before we all disappeared to the far corners of the earth. This is not very conducive to reading and even more so to writing. But I did have fun with my friends. : ) So let's look at the list from last week.

1. Read The Hobbit all day Monday (minus grocery run) to celebrate Tolkien's birthday!!!
        I not only read it all day but finished it! And it was such a wonderful day!
2. Finish Part 3 of Anna Karenia
       Not only did I finish Part 3 but I finished Part 4 as well! Impressive I know but it was less than 100 pages and it was rather climatic so I just HAD to know what happened!  
3. Read a quarter of Njal's Saga
       Accomplished!
4. Write for novel (at least 1 hour)
       Alas, I was defeated. It might be hard to imagine but it's seriously hard to find a quiet spot to write in a house where the tv can be heard everywhere and you have half a dozen animals underfoot at all times. I think it's mildly understandable that I didn't accomplish this goal. Though it's my own fault honestly. I could have stayed up until 3am if I truly desired to write because by then everyone's asleep, animals as well. Alas, I really miss the days when everyone when to bed before 11pm. Oh well. I have no excuse now since I am back at school. I have as much quiet time as I like! So no excuses now. Maybe I'll actually get something written for once.
 
Okay. So I made some excuse for the last one. :\ Sorry. Not really one for excuses though I do a really awesome job at making them. I probably should have just stayed up until 3am and written then. That's when it's the most quiet at my house. Now I know for next time. And next time, the writing portion of my list won't defeat me. Bwhahaha!
 
I got a lot more accomplished then I thought I would last week despite the fumble over writing for 1 hour (pathetic). I finished The Hobbit instead of reading as much as I could. I wasn't actually sure if I'd finish it but I did and I'm glad! I read more than Part 3 of Anna Karenia which was totally unintentional. It was just really hard to put down because something was happening to my favorite character! I just couldn't leave it where it was. I HAD to keep reading. : ) Not only did I read all this but I also worked a little on my quilt! Yes, impressive I know espeically after our battle the week before. I think me and the sewing machine have come to terms however and are happily frienemies again. lol.
 
Yet, that's still not all! I think I overcame my addiction to caffiene, which ties into my working on my quilt. It's really a funny story. For some reason, last Thursday I thought it would be a good idea to drink 3 Mountain Dews between 12pm and 5pm. Then at 7pm, just for kicks, I decided to drink a cup of Starbucks coffee. You probably all know where this is going. So at midnight I decided I should probably go to bed since I had plans to go hiking at 10am the next morning.  It was 1:30am before I stopped reading long enough to actually try and sleep. I was up less then 30 minutes later, wide awake. That's when I decided to work on my quilt in order to get rid of some energy so I could sleep. An hour later, still pretty jittery, I'd gotten a number of squares done and decided to work on something else. By 5:30am, I was tired enough to sleep. Needless to say, I woke up late that morning and was running around all day without any time for naps trying to catch up for oversleeping. It was exhausting! I am never ever doing that again. I don't think I ever want to see another Mountain Dew again in my life. I'm sticking to my less-favorite Coke-a-Cola until I can be totally weened off of caffiene all together. Ugh.  I think it took 3 days for all that caffiene to leave my system if my "lovely" headache yesterday had anything to do with it. It was awful! I think I'm going to have nightmares about that day for the rest of my life. I can laugh about it now, but I seriously don't want to see anything caffieniated for a long time. So if you, dear reader, want to get off of caffiene I'd suggest doing what I did. Trust me, after not being able to sleep and the resulting headache, you'll be happy if you never have to see caffiene again. So I in adverdently accomplished something that was on my personal list of things to do over Christmas break and it was all over a gluttony for Mountain Dew. It truly is wise to do all things in moderation.
 
All right, so now for this week's list!
 
1. Read to pg. 197 of Njal's Saga
2. Finish Part 5 of Anna Karenia
3. Make five homemade items for Facebook's Pay-It-Forward status.
4. Homework
 
Since this is the first week of school, I decided to keep it light which is also the reason why there is no writing on there. I've already decided what I'm going to do for #3, but since my driveway has a layer of ice on it and thankfully the first day of class was canceled, I get to stay in all day today! So I can't go get the supplies I need for the project today. This of course means I get to spend today snuggled up in a comfy chair with the awesome warm quilt my aunt made me reading my way through a mountain of books. Just got to love weather days like this!
 
Any plans for this week?
 
Happy readings!
Heather

1 comment:

  1. Well, you know my plans - sewing sewing sewing!!! So glad you're enjoying the quilt! Cab;t wait to see your pay it forward crafts!

    ReplyDelete